The Data Modeler will support the Business Intelligence manager in new projects and will provide support to existing sites.
This is NewCold
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide. We use latest technology that empowers our people, to handle food responsibly and guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
About the vacancy
The Business Intelligence department is the core of NewCold for data management, data analysis and data control. It is the linking pin between the financial and operational department which supports operational control and visibility via KPI’s and benchmarking. The main objective is business transparency via data analysis that will initiate quality and financial improvements. There are currently three regions - USA, Australia and Europe which will be serviced and centralised from the Business Intelligence department. The Data Modeler will support the Business Intelligence manager in new projects and will provide support to existing sites. Also he/she will work closely to the Data Designer in creating KPI’s, reports and Benchmarking.
- Analyzes and cleans data from sources (sites) which can be used in the KPI‘s and benchmarking
- Works with the software application department for developing data flows
- Optimizes and improves the process of data collection, analyzation, modeling and cleaning
- Evaluates data models and physical databases for variances / discrepancies and validates business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Reports low level on operational performance of the data process and status
- Understands business requirements and translates them into data models supporting KPIs and reporting
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Bachelor/Master Degree (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics or related field)
- At least 10 years working experience in the Business Intelligence area
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment
- Affinity with logistics
- Willingness to travel
- Qualifications in QlikView, Power BI and SQL database.
Are you up for the job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please make sure that you leave your your CV in English. Suitable candidates will be invited for a first interview with our VP Continuous Improvement and Automation, a second interview will follow with a wider group of NewCold team members.
What we have to offer
With the prospect of many new projects all over the world in the very near future, we offer the opportunity to join a young but powerful company in the field of logistics services. We have the ambition and the potential to rapidly become the market leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage with additional supply chain services such as transport and distribution. Among our benefits are a competitive salary, an attractive pension scheme and 26 vacation days per year.
Can we welcome you on board as our new Data Modeler and help continue our successful growth?
Solliciteer op deze functie