Job Summary: The Account Executive is responsible for conducting business development within existing and for new customer accounts. The Account Executive’s main objective will be introducing and positioning MicroStrategy’s platform and services to key decision-makers to drive activity through all phases of the sales cycle. This includes conducting presentations and participating in demos with prospects and taking deals to their next stage.
You will become part of a dynamic international team covering the Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries with regional offices in Utrecht and Stockholm. The team includes 5 sales professionals, solution engineers, marketing and consultants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells MicroStrategy Business Intelligence software products and services to new, existing, and large corporate profile (e.g., multi-billion revenue, multi-thousand employees) customers
- Develops and executes strategies for new customer acquisition and existing customer business retention and expansion
- Sets up and leads effective sales meetings with qualified executives, taking into account the sales cycle stage of the customer engagement, and leads negotiations that address objections to drive deal closure
- Collaborates with sales engineers to ensure customer requirements are effectively addressed with sales presentations and proof of concepts
- Collaborates with marketing team (e.g., Business Development Representatives, Field Marketing team) to develop and execute on strategies to identify new business opportunities that leads to meaningful pipeline
- Uses Salesforce to drive the advancement of the sales process for prospects and customers and to enable accurate sales forecasts
- Establishes rapport with customers and stakeholders to diagnose customer needs, ask relevant questions, and interpret customer requirements
- Coordinates, creates and delivers sales presentations, product demonstrations, and workshops for customers, trade shows, or industry events
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Direct selling experience for large/major enterprise technology company
- Experience selling software licences required, preferably in Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Additional experience with Cloud, Mobile, Big Data, Hadoop, or Social Medial optional but preferred.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Successful experience at new account development or large account management
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
- Experience and training in value-based enterprise sales methodology (Solution Selling, Customer Centric selling etc.).
- Ability to track activity in Salesforce.
- High Levels of social perceptiveness and customer service
- Self -Driven, motivated and result orientated.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.