The JASPERS IT Project Manager / Business Analyst (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications), coordinates all the tasks and responsibilities related to all JASPERS IT applications.
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) - Advisory Services – JASPERS Department - Quality Management Unit (QMU) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5
Appointments will be made on a basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years with the possibility of prolongation
JASPERS (Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions) is a tri-lateral partnership between the European Commission (Directorate -General for Regional and Urban Policy), the EBRD and the EIB, with the aim of helping EU and Acceding Countries achieve better access to EU Grant Financing under the Cohesion and Structural Funds, with particular emphasis on providing technical assistance in the preparation of eligible infrastructure projects.
The JASPERS IT Project Manager / Business Analyst (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications), coordinates all the tasks and responsibilities related to all JASPERS IT applications. S/he ensures an efficient and effective functioning of these applications by supervising consultant teams and coordinating with EIB IT services.
JASPERS has developed its own IT applications which allow sharing of information with the European Commission and with Member States. JASPERS’ IT applications are critical to its business model and for the efficient management and reporting of activities.
The IT Officer is based in Luxembourg and reports to JASPERS’ Head of Quality Management who will provide the strategic direction on JASPERS’ IT interests. S/he co -operates closely with (i) the rest of JASPERS management team and staff; (ii) JASPERS partners, especially the European Commission; (iii) counterparts from other EIB services and other IT teams, in charge of other business applications; iv) external service providers, external suppliers of software and/or software-related services, consultants and other JASPERS or EIB counterparts.
The incumbent will analyse JASPERS user requirements in order to deliver solutions to JASPERS needs and will implement and maintain new and existing solutions in own domain.
In order to maximize synergies with IT, the person will sit within the Finance and Lending Applications Division (FLA) within the Information Technology Department and will also report to its Head of this Division on the execution of his/her tasks. S/he will report directly to a Head of Unit within FLA and will work in close contact with the other IT units. Subject to workload and urgencies from JASPERS, the person might be tasked to help FLA in their business activities.
The IT Project Manager / Business Analyst will perform a wide range of duties, following the guidelines of the Head of the Quality Management Unit in JASPERS and under the supervision of a Head of Unit within FLA, including some or all of the following:
- Ensure that IT policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way, this may include:
- Proposing improvements and implementing the necessary processes, procedures, IT standards, methodologies and working tools in own domain
- Take project management responsibilities to deliver medium, then progressively larger projects and coordinate with business users and other IT technical teams, this includes:
- Participating in the preparation of business cases and project charters in collaboration with users, and manage projects
- Proposing and designing technical solutions consistent with business requirements and IT architecture
- Preparing and maintaining detailed documentation in line with IT’s standards as required by the Systems Development Life Cycle, and to meet operational and audit needs
- Reporting on a frequent basis to inform the supervisors of progress
- Provide specialised advice on application systems and on operational and functional problems
- In consultation with JASPERS staff and key stakeholders, analyse the business requirements and draft specification documents for approval by JASPERS Management to support the long-term strategy of JASPERS
- Coordinate within the IT Department to ensure JASPERS needs are reflected in the development of standard EIB applications (GED, PeopleSoft, Business Objects)
- Manage vendors and service providers, as appropriate; in particular, oversee contracts with third parties and associated service level agreements to define and deliver appropriate solutions
- Manage the resources and means necessary to carry out the tasks including planning and supervision of the work of consultants as relevant
Contribute to the preparation of training on JASPERS IT tools, including in JASPERS external offices
- University degree in computer science, IT or related disciplines. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in IT project management, particularly in the design, development and implementation of business related information management systems acquired within a consulting firm and/or an international organization
- A Good understanding and recent hands-on J2EE/Java based architecture / design / development experience
- Modern Java framework technologies (e.g. Hibernate, JSF)
- A strong willingness to acquire business knowledge and a good experience in functional analysis are essential. Familiarity with Business Analysis Body of knowledge (BABOK) would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of Document management Systems (e.g. GED and Microsoft SharePoint), web development and content management systems would be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS. Some knowledge of business intelligence concepts and technologies would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in multicultural teams and of working successfully with external service providers in a multi-sourced environment
Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of one or more of the languages of the EU countries would be an advantage
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Creative thinking: Demonstrates creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to generate new approaches that create possibilities in situations that had looked bleak.
Please apply online via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for applications: 17th of July 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Agency calls not appreciated
Keywords: Job, Vacancy, Full-time, Luxembourg, Projectmanagement, IT.
Solliciteer op deze functie